UX and UI Design for Social Media Management Platform Search Bot Feature
Protected clients’ brand from extraordinary events by designing a Search Bot Feature that uses Machine Learning to monitor their social media feeds.
My role and responsibilities
New Feature | 4 week sprint | Team 5 | Research | Wireframes | UI Design | Prototypes
I was responsible for designing the search bot feature. My process included: research, refining the problem, UI design, interaction design, prototyping and testing.
Who would use it
The search bot had two parts: creating a search and responding to content found by the search. Machine Learning Analysts and Brand Managers would set up searches. Content specialists would action to content retrieved by the search.
What I did
The key to any successful project is understanding the problem. The team need to understand; why we needed this feature and what it needed to do.
Planning and Design
Throughout the project, I regularly collaborated with my team using wireframes and prototypes. I used feedback from users, and the project team to refine the design.
User Stories and Task Flows
I created User Stories, Scenarios and Task Flows to help the team empathize and better understand what our users needed to accomplish.
Wireframes: the Design Evolves
The software architect did the initial wireframe. I used that as a starting point and worked to stakeholders to clarify and identify why we were building the Search Bot’s and what this feature needed to do. Using this information, I refined and streamlined the design. The final wireframe included enough information to efficiently complete the task and translated the terminology from developer speak to more user-friendly terms.
I designed the UI and interactions and created low and high fidelity wireframes using Sketch. I shared the final UI design and interactions with the front-end developer using screen annotations screens and InVision’s inspect feature.
Prototyping and Testing
Prototyping and testing were key to delivering a great feature; the feedback from this stage helped us maintain focused on business and user goals. I created and tested concepts using prototypes built in InVision
Lessons Learned and Outcomes